Wine in Franschhoek
Tours can be enjoyed either by car or, for the more active, by mountain bike. With almost 50 farms to choose from, you will always find what you’re looking for in our valley. Accompanied by an experienced, knowledgeable guide, you will learn a little about the history of the village and about the wines of the region. Gain interesting insight into the valley from a locals perspective.
We visit 3 farms in and around Franschhoek, of your choice. We will discuss your preferences before we start the tour.
While on your custom-made wine tour, why not add a wine & food pairing at one or all of the farms.. There are a large variety of pairings to choose from:
* chocolate, * caramel, * pizza, * biltong, * braai, * Turkish delight or why not try Brandy & Truffles or MCC & Canapés.
Each tasting is individually priced. Please refer to booking form for full selection choice.
For something more substantial, book a scrumptious lunch platter at the last farm we visit, either La Bourgogne or Grande Provence, for R250.00 per person.
And for something completely different, join one of the farms that offer a unique food and wine pairing experience. We incorporate any of these experiences in your Bespoke Wine Tour:
* Leopard’s Leap’s Africa Table offers a truly South African culinary experience every Wednesday and Thursday at 12:00pm. Hosted by Chef Pieter de Jager, you will indulge in wonderful traditional meals paired with the best wines. R280.00 per person.
* Leopard’s Leap also hold a Culinaria Food & Wine pairing each Friday at 12:00pm. The Culinaria Food and Wine Pairing shows the wines with food that illustrates the skill of food and wine pairing, offering guests the ideal opportunity to enjoy well-matched combinations while getting to know the fundamentals behind making informed dinner table choices. The pairing is very informative and while providing guests with the knowledge required for future food and wine choices, the experiences is interactive and entertaining. R230.00 per person.
* One of our most beautiful wine farms, La Motte also has a Food & Wine Pairing every Friday at 10:00am. A well-informed Wine Ambassador guides guests through an educational and entertaining food and wine pairing. Regarded for her on-trend interpretation of traditional Cape Winelands Cuisine, Chef Michelle works closely with Cellarmaster Edmund Terblanche in creating cuisine to beautifully complement the estate’s wines.
The delicately plated tasters beautifully complement the elegant environment, but still represent flavours and tastes we experience every day and will guide guests towards more reliable future food and wine selections, with reference to weight and intensity, as well as the influence of the primary taste sensations.
Too much wine? For those not 100% into the wine-thing, we are pleased to announce our option of a Craft Beer Brewery Tour and Tasting which can be swopped for one of the wine farms. R120.00 per person.
We meet at the Franschhoek Adventure Centre in the main rd of the village or we can arrange for a pick up at your establishment if within the village.
We return to the Franschhoek Adventure Centre in the Main Rd of Franschhoek or to your establishment if within the village.
- Transport to the various winefarms
- Standard tastings at the farms requested.
- Qualified and knowledgeable guide.
- Meals & pairings where booked in advance.
- Meals and pairings. These must be booked separately on your booking form.
- Water. Please note we do not supplied bottled water, our bit towards reducing the amount of plastic in the world. The farms supply us with water as soon as we get there.
- Casual comfortable clothing
Duration: 4-5 hrs
R 1 100 - 01 Apr 19 - 31 Aug 19
R 1 300 - 01 Sep 19 - 31 Mar 20