POST LOCKDOWN MOUNTAIN BIKE WINE TOUR
If nature is not your thing and the wine farms are calling, get some exercise at the same time, get on a bike and join one of our Guided Mountain Bike Wine Tours.
Join one of our Guided Mountain Bike Wine Tours to visit three superb wine farms of your choice in the Franschhoek area for wine-tasting, scrumptious pairings, beautiful views and scenic rides.
@ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek
Minimum 2 guests per booking til 31 Aug 2020
R350 Buggy for little ones up to 3 years
Daily Trips: 10am and 1pm
Departs Daily at 10am & 1pm
From the Franschhoek Adventure Centre. Scheduled Pickups Available upon Request.
Details & Itinerary
We meet at the Franschhoek Adventure Centre in the Main road of the village to be kitted out with a bike of the appropriate size, and a safety helmet.
After a short safety briefing and discussion of the farms to be visited, we head off to our first farm. The first part of the route takes place on the Main road and you are reminded that we ride on the left side of the road until we reach the bicycle track or a gravel shoulder.
We visit 3 wine farms with a short ride between each farm. At each venue you will be offered a variety of wines to choose from and the sommelier will be on hand to provide interesting information on the wines chosen.
After our 3rd farm we have a quick 10 minute ride back into town.
What You Should Bring
- Light backpack in case you want to buy a bottle or two.
- Some farms have small gift shops you may wish to purchase from.
- Not necessary to bring water. The wine farms provide as soon as we arrive.
- Camera for special memory making and social media sharing!
- Closed shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Light wind or rain jacket for winter.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Hire of Silverback Spectra Mountain Bike
- Safety Helmet
- All wine tasting costs
- A qualified, knowledgeable Nature Guide
- Pairings or lunches
- Items of a personal nature
* Guests MUST be able to ride a bicycle. Not recommended for first time riders or new learners.
* A moderate fitness is required. Although the route is fairly level, there are a few very slight inclines.
Pick Up & Drop Off
We depart from and return to the Franschhoek Adventure Centre which is at Shop 5, upstairs @ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek (right next to the Tourism Office).
Duration & Cost
Duration: 4 Hours
Price: Minimum of 2 pax per booking
R 1 800.00 per couple
R 900.00 per extra adult
R 450.00 per child (2 – 12)
R 350.00 for a buggy for little ones age 1 – 3 which gets attached to one of the adult bikes.