FAN ALOE TRAIL SUNSET HIKE
Join us in the late afternoon for a short hike on the brand new hiking trail in the Wemmershoek Mountains featuring baboon trails, rocky outcrops (koppies) and the fabulous Fan Aloe (a.k.a. the Franschhoek Aloe) and the very rare Blushing Bride Protea, just in time to see the sunset.
@ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek
Daily Trips: 4:30pm depending on season
Departs Daily at 4:30pm depending on season
From the Franschhoek Adventure Centre. Scheduled Pickups Available upon Request.
Details & Itinerary
We start the trail at the wine tasting centre and hike out back into the Wemmershoek Mountains, along paths trodden by baboons for centuries. We climb the koppies to experience the spectacular views of the Simonsberg Mountains and surrounds.
We are treated to a wonderful display of the regionally endemic Fan Aloe (Franschhoek Aloe) and the beautiful and very rare Blushing Bride Protea amongst many other gorgeous Fynbos plants.
The view is stunning from up there and we have cleared a seating area where we will sip some wine while watching the sun start to set. But don’t worry, we will be down before it gets dark! A fabulous way to end the day.
What You Should Bring
- Cellphone camera for special memories and Social Media sharing
- Water in a re-usable water bottle
- Good walking shoes with a tread or hiking boots. No casual shoes allowed.
- Light comfortable clothing
- Insect repellent – the trail does have ticks which are easy to spot and remove. A good repellent will help to keep them off.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Trasfers from the village to the hike start and back
- Glass of wine at the top of the koppie
- Knowledgeable registered nature guide
- Items of a personal nature.
Franschhoek Sightseeing Bus Tour.
From age 2+
Pick Up & Drop Off
We depart from the Franschhoek Adventure Centre which is at Shop 5, upstairs @ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek (right next to the Tourism Office).
We return to the parking area of the NG Church in Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek.
Duration & Cost
Duration: 2 Hours
01 Apr 20 – 31 Aug 20:
R350.00 per adult
R150.00 per child (2 – 12)
01 Sep 20 – 31 Mar 21:
R400.00 per adult
R200.00per child (2 -12)