GAME & WINE CELLAR TOUR
The Franschhoek Wine Valley is renown for it’s superb wines and world-class restaurants and winter is a special time to be here. The surrounding mountains are often capped with snow and our guesthouses are warm and inviting.
@ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek
Daily Trips: 9am and 3pm
Departs Daily at 9am & 3pm
From Franschhoek Adventures Offices. Scheduled Pickups Available upon Request.
Details & Itinerary
WINTER WARMER SPECIAL is valid for the following trails:
– Uitkyk Trail on Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve
– Vista Trail on Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve
– Snake Alley on the Berg River Conservation Area
From a relatively easy (if a little steep) 2 hour ramble to more strenuous hikes, we offer two trails (Uitkyk and Vista) in the Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve and one (Snake Alley) in the Berg River Conservation Area. Wonderful views, beautiful Fynbos (the smallest and most diverse Floral Kingdom in the world) and endemic bird life are all waiting to be enjoyed.
Your experienced guide will show you the way, point out animal tracks in the soft sandy areas, give you a brief history of the valley, identify birds and flowers as they are seen and on cold days, a mid-way stop for coffee is always enjoyed. Plenty of photo ops of the valley spread out below you to be had, don’t forget your camera phone as hiking Mont Rochelle is truly special.
We meet at and return to the Franschhoek Adventure Centre which is at Shop 5, upstairs @ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek (right next to the Tourism Office).
What You Should Bring
- Light backpack
- Drinking water preferably in a reusable water bottle.
- Hiking boots/good walking shoes with tread (no casual shoes are allowed)
- Comfortable clothing
- Light wind or rain jacket for winter.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Transport to the start of the hike and back into town.
- Permits for the Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve or the Berg River Conservation Area
- A qualified, knowledgeable Nature Guide
- Items of a personal nature
Franschhoek Sightseeing Bus Tour.
From age 2+
Pick Up & Drop Off
We depart from the Franschhoek Adventure Centre which is at Shop 5, upstairs @ 62 Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek (right next to the Tourism Office).
We return to the parking area of the NG Church in Huguenot Rd, Franschhoek.
Duration & Cost
Duration: 3-4 Hours
Price: Minimum of 2 pax per booking
R 1 200.00 per couple
R 600.oo per extra adult
R 300.00 per child (2 – 12)
Price valid for all hikes.